Every memorial day weekend in Pensacola Beach, Florida the beach opens it doors to upwards of 200,000 LGBT party goers. By day all the gays will be lining the beach soaking in the sun and meeting all the boys.
- Visiting for Pensacola Gay Memorial Weekend? Stay at the Holiday Inn Express, rated “Fabulous” with large rooms and close to all the major attractions and bars.
The Gay Beach Scene
- Gay people from all over the US and beyond arrive early on the beach! It is a tradition to try and outdo the other beach tents along the seafront with elaborate decorations, or music or free drinks.
- The line up of tents extends over a 1.5 mile span and soon this becomes a runway of the latest speedo trends and costumes. Think of it as if gays hosted spring break.
Pensacola Circuit Party – Johnny Chisholm Presents
- May 26th – 30th 2022 – The Memorial Weekend Pensacola circuit party is the big attraction over the entire weekend taking place at Park East nightly from 9pm to 3am.
- Stay close to the parties in Park east at The Portofino Hotel and Resort, one of the most popular hotels by the beach. The hotel is made up of 5 towers each with 20 floors each boasting 2-4 bedroom condo units.
- The party takes place at Parking lot 2G on the beach, just a short walk from the Portofino Hotel.
The Party Schedule
Daily Beach Tea Dances from 1pm to 5pm. Nightly Parties from 9pm to 3am. All events located at Park East, Pensacola Beach
- Thursday – Opening Party with DJ Lowe
- Friday – Glow with Dj Dani Toro
- Saturday – Wave Beach Party with DJ Isaac Escalante
- Sunday – Beachball Swimsuit Party with DJ Dan Slater and Ben Backson
Pensacola Gay Scene
Florida’s westernmost city, Pensacola is near the tip of the state’s northwest panhandle. The area has developed an increased gay following over the years, especially in late May, during Memorial Day weekend.
- Pensacola’s two LGBT nightclubs – the Roundup and Cabaret – always have special events and entertainment during the Memorial Day Weekend, as do many of the mainstream establishments.
- In recent years, Capt’n Fun Beach Club and Flounder’s Chowder House on Pensacola Beach have served as hubs of much of the Memorial Day weekend fun.
- Just steps from downtown’s beautiful Seville Square and adjacent to the historic Saenger Theatre, The Cabaret (101 S. Jefferson St.) is sophisticated but welcoming, a cheerful spot for gay men, lesbians, and friends to congregate during daily happy hours (3 until 8 p.m.), during the Friday gallery nights, before or after a show at the Saenger, or during the popular karaoke events on Monday and Thursday evenings.
Upwards of 200,000 revelers attend the various Pensacola Gay Memorial Day LGBT events in Pensacola Beach, with especially strong attendance from the Atlanta, New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Orlando areas.